Please read carefully the following guidance information on organizing IEEE Conference.
- Sponsorship relates to the responsibilities and accountabilities of an organizational unit with respect to the financial, technical, publicity, and administrative aspects of a conference. For a conference to be considered an IEEE conference, it must be sponsored by the IEEE, which in Indonesia is represented by the Section or the Chapters.
- Proposing organizer (s):
- An Indonesian organizer must represent a registered higher education, a research institute, or an IEEE unit.
- An international organizer must represent a proven IEEE Conference organizer (with previous experience in organizing IEEE-endorsed conferences).
- IEEE organizational units (Section/Chapters/etc) engaged in conference sponsorship are prohibited to enter into any type of sponsorship arrangement with a “for-profit” organization or under recommendation by IEEE Conference Quality, the organizer does not fit the criterion of "not-for-profit" organizations which would typically serve as partners/financial sponsors of IEEE technically-co-sponsored events.
- IEEE Indonesia will not approve an MCE MoU if the organizer co-operate financially with a non-registered organization.
- We require the organizer to complete the Conference Education Program Course by IEEE which will give information on the IEEE conference scope, peer review, plagiarism screening, and technical program management. The course is four short webinar playbacks that are located in the Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) - Click http://bit.ly/precours. You can sign into CLE using your IEEE account (email). If you do not have an IEEE account, click http://bit.ly/akunreg to set one up - Creating an IEEE Account - it is fast and simple. Please also complete the Conference Management Playlist (in Bahasa Indonesia) in IEEE Indonesia Youtube Channel at https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL39wj0lMqNkrnBEUPsr72hSJLm4-Gc8jc
Procedures for Sponsorship
- Contact a PIC for Conference endorsement.
- Discuss the nature of sponsorship
- Co-sponsorship: Section or Chapter will optionally support the fund. The IEEE name may optionally be used in the conference title. Section or Chapter will receive the surplus or be liable for any deficit resulting from a conference; and will be responsible for assuring the timely resolution of any legal issues
- Technical co-sponsorship: Section or Chapter will support with technical expertise, i.e. to improve & to assure the quality of the conference. However, there is no guarantee that the papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be eligible for inclusion in the IEEE Conference Publications Program (CPP).
- Discuss the requirement for the conference
- All papers must be peer-reviewed. Each paper should be reviewed by at least 3 reviewers.
- Reviewers are from international experts from various institutions and countries.
- All processes are accountable. Procedures to avoid plagiarisms must be included.
- The organizer shall present a report after the event, including a financial report.
- Consider the processing & endorsement fee
- Financial sponsorship: A revenue-sharing scheme will be discussed and explicitly mentioned within the MoU.
- Technical sponsorship: The Section will not charge the organizer. Only if the conference results in profits, the organizer is suggested to present a donation to the sponsoring Section / Chapters according to LoA.
- Prepare the MoU / MoA
- Read the conference timeline for the best practice in organizing a conference
- Conference organizers have to submit a Letter of Agreement (LoA) (please use the template below) to IEEE Indonesia Section Chair for requesting a technical sponsor. Note that the MoU that come without LoA to IEEE Indonesia Section will not be processed
- The conference organizer shall submit a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to IEEE Conference Services for review, final approval, and execution.
- Visit: https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/organizers/index.html
- The IEEE Conference Services will process the MoU in 2-4 months.
Procedures for Conference Publications
- After the MoU, the organization should start the process by fill in the form here: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/organizers/conf-app.html?appName=Publication
- After a post-conference assessment, publications will be handled by the IEEE Conference Publications Program (CPP), which facilitates inclusion in the portfolio of IEEE electronic dissemination products, including the IEEE Xplore.
- Prior to publication by the IEEE, the organizer (and then all paper authors) shall transfer all copyright to the IEEE.
- The following policies apply to the use of the term “IEEE” in the names of conferences:
- The term “IEEE” shall be used in the names of sole sponsored and co-sponsored conferences where IEEE is at least a 50% financial sponsor.
- The use of the term “IEEE” in the names of co-sponsored conferences in which IEEE is less than 50% but at least a 25% financial sponsor is recommended but not required.
- The term “IEEE” shall not be used in the names of cosponsored conferences in which IEEE is less than a 25% financial sponsor. This includes conferences in which IEEE is only a technical co-sponsor.
- The following policies apply to the use of the IEEE logo:
- Co-Sponsored conferences, where at least one organizational unit is non-IEEE, are encouraged to use the IEEE logo on all promotional material and publications along with the organizational unit logo(s).
- Technical Co-Sponsorship/Technical Cooperation conferences are allowed to use the IEEE logo on promotional material and publications, along with the entity logo(s) but shall not use the name “IEEE” in the title of the conference.
- A conference may use the word “international” in its title if the conference reflects a significant degree of an international character. The technical program will include a significant number of papers from authors representing at least three countries. The Technical Program Committee must have similar demographics in its roster.
Technical Co-Sponsor-Policy [UPDATE 31 Dec 2020]
The IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Board approved the following TCS Fee Motion as a final policy for handling the TCS fees at the November 2017 IEEE Meeting
- For all conference applications received 1 Jan 2018 or later, in which an MGA Geographic Unit is a technical co-sponsor, the MGA TCS Fee Policy shall apply. Starting 1 March 2018, IEEE MCE will deploy processes to collect the TCS fees for conferences with applications submitted 1 January 2018 or later.
- If you would like more information on this new allocation process or have any questions, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any technically co-sponsored conference in which there is no (0%) IEEE financial interest, the MGA co-sponsor shall arrange (via an approved MoU) for recovery of IEEE operation cost in the form of TCS fees. (This fee does not apply for the conference which financially co-sponsored with IEEE Organizational unit (Section, Chapter, Student Branch, Affinity Group)
- Effective for conferences for which the creation of the MoU starts after 31 December 2020, the fees are $1,450 per event plus $22 for each paper that is optionally published in Xplore. As an exception to this general policy, MGA will continue to pay those fees in the external (non-IEEE) financial sponsor has a national society agreement with IEEE or has a sister society agreement with one or more of the IEEE societies.
- The billing process of all technical co-sponsorship fees will begin once IEEE has received final content for inclusion in IEE Xplore. IEEE will issue an invoice one month after the content is received. The following allocation methods may apply:
- If the IEEE organizational unit (OU) has decided to pay the fees, a payment entry is processed.
- If the IEEE organizational unit (OU) has decided the conference pays the TCS fees, an invoice is prepared and submitted to the conference contact by IEEE Accounts Receivable.
- If the IEEE organizational unit (OU) has decided to apply a combination of the two possible allocations listed above then both methods of billing will be applied.
- If content will not be submitted for submission to IEEE Xplore, then billing for the $1,450 per conference fee will occur and no $22 per paper fee will apply.
Specific Requirement if an IEEE Student Branch Indonesia Section as a Conference co-sponsorship
- Contact IEEE Indonesia and informed the willingness to create a conference with IEEE SB as financial co-sponsor.
- IEEE Indonesia Section or other OU (Chapters, Affinity Group) shall become additional financial/technical co-sponsor explicitly mentioned in the MCE MoU of the conference in supervising the conference management & quality.
- Only LoA type B2 applied for an organizer who wants to jointly co-sponsored a conference with IEEE Student Branch Indonesia Section.
- IEEE Student Branch is required to provide personnel and time in jointly organizing conferences.
- IEEE Student Branches invited as co-sponsor is IEEE Student Branches on the same institution as the Organizer.
- The Organizer shall obtain approval from the counselor of the IEEE Student Branch.
- The Organizer is advised in LoA type B2 to choose the option of registering 12 new student members with priority for the IEEE Student Branch administrators who have not become a member yet.
- The Organizer is required to provide a profit-sharing conference to IEEE Student Branch in accordance with the MoU, proven by proof of transfer to the IEEE Student Branch account, no later than 10 days after the conference occurs.
- IEEE Student Branch shall not be financially impacted due to the other party's financial problem organizing the conference.
- The Organizer shall prepare a room & time slot for IEEE student branches' technical activities before conferences or as conference side events.
- IEEE Student Branch is required to provide a report on the conference-related activities in their annual report through VTools.
Letter of Agreement (LoA) Organizing Conference Schema A: [DOC]
Letter of Agreement (LoA) Organizing Conference Schema B1: [DOC]
Letter of Agreement (LoA) Organizing Conference Schema B2: [DOC]
Format Conference Activity Report: [DOC]
Guide Technical Co-Sponsorship (TCS) Cost: [DOC]
LoA: Letter of Agreement
MoU: Memorandum of Understanding
OU: Organization Unit
TCS: Technical Co-Sponsor
TPQ: Technical Program Questionaire
MCE IEEE: Meetings Conferences & Events IEEE, bagian dari IEEE yang mengurusi kegiatan conference, meeting & event IEEE
Pertanyaan Yang Sering Diajukan (FAQ):
- Kemana mengirimkan LoA yang sudah ditandatangani?
- LoA yang sudah lengkap di tandatangani dan di stempel institusi melalui email ke Help Desk IEEE Indonesia: email@example.com
- Setelah LoA dikirimkan kembali oleh Help Desk, apa yang harus dilakukan?
- Silahkan melakukan pengisian secara lengkap MoU/Conference Application Form di Link: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/organizers/conf-app.html?appName=Publication
- Setelah IEEE MCE mengirimkan approval conference selanjutnya apa yang mesti dilakukan?
- Silahkan melakukan pengisian secara lengkap IEEE Conference Publication Form di Link: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/organizers/conf-app.html?appName=Publication untuk memperoleh e-copyright, ISBN dan juga access ke similarity check gratis dari IEEE melalui https://crosscheck.ieee.org
- Berapa lama LoA akan diapprove oleh IEEE Indonesia?
- LoA akan diproses kurang lebih selama 1-2 minggu jika seluruh persyaratan dalam LoA telah dipenuhi dan ditandatangani lengkap. Dalam hal tertentu, kami akan meminta informasi tambahan kepada organizer yang menyebabkan proses approval akan menjadi lebih lama.
- Berapa lama proses MoU/Conference Application dapat diperoleh?
- Waktu proses MoU/Conference Application form oleh MCE IEEE umumnya paling lama 1 bulan, jika organizer memiliki catatan sebagai organizer yang pernah menyelenggarakan conference IEEE dengan baik sebelumnya. Jika organizer adalah organizer baru maka proses approval akan lebih lama kira-kira ~2 bulan, jika tidak ada kesalahan dan kekurangan dalam pengisian Application Form. Waktu proses tentu akan lebih lama jika terdapat hal-hal yang diminta untuk diklarifikasi.
- Saya sudah mengajukan MoU ke IEEE MCE tetapi tidak ada tanggapan selama ~4 minggu dan status masih "in-progress", apa yang mesti saya lakukan?
- IEEE MCE menangani aplikasi conference (MoU) diseluruh dunia dan beberapa aplikasi harus direview secara manual terlebih dahulu. Organizer sangat diharapkan untuk mengecek status aplikasinya secara online, atau dapat menanyakan status aplikasi dengan mengirimkan email ke IEEE MCE sebagai reminder.
- Saya organizer baru, saya butuh informasi lebih detil tentang bagaimana menyelenggarakan conference IEEE.
- Silahkan mengikuti/menyelesaikan Conference Education Program Course terkait IEEE conference scope, peer review, plagiarism screening, dan technical program management. Click http://bit.ly/precours. Silahkan login dengan akun IEEE atau jika belum memiliki akun IEEE silahkan dibuat terlebih dahulu di http://bit.ly/akunreg. Silahkan juga mengikuti Conference Management Playlist pada channel Youtube IEEE Indonesia di https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL39wj0lMqNkrnBEUPsr72hSJLm4-Gc8jc
- Berapa lama prosiding conference IEEE akan diterbitkan di IEEExplore?
- Penerbitan conference yang bekerjasama dengan IEEE akan bergantung pada hasil pemeriksaan kualitas conference dan prosiding oleh tim MCE IEEE. Jika kualitas conference dan paper didalam prosiding yang disubmit berkualitas baik, umumnya akan terbit dalam waktu 1 bulan setelah submission. Namun akan memakan waktu pemeriksaan lebih lama jika conference & paper dalam prosiding tidak sesuai kualitas dan standar IEEE. Prosiding yang tidak berkualitas baik akan ditolak oleh MCE IEEE untuk diterbikan di IEEExplore.
- Prosiding atau salah satu paper saya yang terbit di IEEExplore tidak terindex scopus, apa yang harus saya lakukan?
- IEEExplore terindex major indexing database termasuk scopus dan WoS, berikut list indexing IEEExplore sesuai dokumen ini (https://www.ieee.org/content/dam/ieee.org/ieee/web/org/pubs/ieee_indexing_agreements.pdf). Meskipun demikian proses indexing adalah sepenuhnya kewenangan indexer, sehingga terkadang ada sebagian kecil prosiding atau paper di IEEExplore yang belum diindex oleh indexer. Jika conference prosiding atau paper tersebut sudah terbit di IEEExplore namun belum terindex scopus, silahkan hubungi elsevier support dan mengisi seluruh form pada: https://service.elsevier.com/app/contact/supporthub/scopuscontent/. Umumnya akan dijawab oleh elsevier support dalam 2-3 minggu dan selanjutnya akan muncul dalam indexing scopus.
- Apakah organiser dapat bekerjasama dengan pihak lain selain dengan organisasi IEEE?
- IEEE Indonesia tidak akan menyetujui MoU application jika organizer (organisasi non-profit) melakukan kerjasama dengan pihak lain (tertuang di dalam MoU MCE IEEE) yang bukan merupakan organisasi non-profit resmi yang ditunjukkan dengan Akta atau surat resmi lainnya.